The V60 pour over is perhaps the most beloved brew method for coffee enthusiasts and home brewers alike.
- V60 Dripper
- Gooseneck Kettle
- Hot water
1. Get yourself some medium-coarse ground coffee, we recommend grinding as fresh as possible.
2. To start, fold your filter paper along the seam and place it in the dripper on top of your server or mug.
3. Rinse the filter paper with hot water and discard, this will remove the paper taste and pre-warm your equipment.
4. Place 15g of coffee in the filter, ensure grinds are level.
5. Gently pour in 50g of water in a circular motion, just off the boil (96-98 degrees if you have a thermometer).
6. Give the coffee a swirl to ensure all grounds are wet, wait 30 seconds before your next pour. This is called the bloom, it allows trapped gasses to escape the coffee.
7. Gently pour in more water in the same circular motion 2 batches of 100ml until you’ve reached 250g. Your total brew time should be around 2:30 minutes
8. Swirl your server/mug to mix the brew and enjoy!
- Try to avoid pouring down the side of the filter paper.
- Double or triple quantities for more coffee.